Thursday, October 22, 2009

Growing Pains


Tuesday night Brookelyn-Grace was so ill. I thought that she was just tired. When it was bed time I did not understand why Brookelyn-Grace was being so whiny and ill. It never occurred to me that she had growing pains until Jeremy started massaging her legs and she stopped crying. She ended up falling a sleep within five minutes. It blew my mind. Her doctors never told me she would experience this, and truly I have never heard anything about it. I mean I'm sure I had them growing up, but I do not remember that. So Jeremy informed me all about it. I then soon realized that this has been happening for at least the past two weeks. She will grab her legs and squat up and down. I just thought she was being silly. So since Tuesday we have been massaging her legs like crazy & giving some Motrin when needed. The past two mornings I have had to carry her out of bed & straight to the bath because she was so stiff. Poor baby! I hate seeing her hurt! I wish I could take the pain for her! But the warm water, massaging & Motrin are helping get her through it. Jeremy is great! If it was not for him I would still be in the dark about the growing pains. I mean I'm a first time mom. That was not in the manuel Ha Ha! (Then again none of it was! Ha Ha)

Also something sweet that happened last night. Brookelyn-Grace was already a sleep in our bed. Jeremy had already been in there a while and I was doing my nightly routine (washing my face, brushing my teeth & straightening up the bathroom). I was getting ready to get in bed and noticed Jeremy had not put Brookelyn-Grace in her bed yet. I asked him if he wanted me too and he said no that he was not done snuggling with her yet! I thought that was so sweet!!!!

No comments: