Sunday, March 15, 2009

Brookelyn-Grace's 1st Pageant!


Brookelyn-Grace had her first pageant Saturday! I was so nervous! She had not a care in the world! She loved wearing her dress so much that when it was over she cried because I took it off of her! She had so many people that came to see her!!! It was just so sweet! She seriously had her own section of people..ha ha Kyla came which I thought was so sweet and she brought Sadi, which is so adorable! Well She did great when I walked her out in front of everyone. She seemed a bit shy at first and then all of a sudden the shyness went away and she started smiling and clapping! It was just so precious! Well after we made our entrance we went in the back to wait on the other contestants. My little sister Kaitlynn was in it and she did great too! So then it was our turn to come back on stage...I was seriously about to pass out! ha ha I wanted her to win so bad...It's not that I really care about the pageant but I just wanted the sash and trophy's to put in her room...ha ha Anyway so we get up there and they start calling out all these awards..out of for awards she got two! :) She got Most Photogenic and Prettiest Eyes..Which is a given! :) Then were waiting and they say 2nd alternate...and they call out another girls name..so I look at Keith and my mom and you can tell that we are about to pass out! lol..then they say 1st alternate...and its the other girl...at that time me, Keith, and my mom are smiling so hard that our mouth is hurting! lol..Then they say and your QUEEN IS......BROOKELYN-GRACE TOLBERT! I was so excited! Everyone started clapping and then Brookelyn-Grace clapped for herself! lol..Then after I haft to fight Brookelyn-Grace to take off the dress we get in the car and I start to look at her score sheets....There were three categories; facial beauty/natural, Poise/Personality, Eye Contact/Fashion...The highest you could score was 1-10...She scored a 10.4, 10.3, 10.4....There comments were, "Cute as a button & beautiful dress" I loved it! I am still on cloud 9! :) Very proud parent! I was a nervous wreck the entire time though! I loved it, but it's not something I plan on doing a lot! She has one more April 4th. The only reason I'm actually doing that one is because I have already ordered her an outfit! It's a summer wear or Easter dress attire pageant. So that should be fun right? Stress, stress, stress! :)

No comments: