Thursday, September 3, 2009

What A Smart Little Girl!


We had a great weekend! I wish it was longer though! Well to start off Brookelyn-Grace has been doing a lot of things. She is saying so many new words now! She is saying cow, moo, cat, meow, bird, Uh oh, no no, tada, & basically anything that I say. She is saying basically all two syllable words! It really has shocked me at how she will repeat every word I say! I do not cuss hardly at all though, but now is the time that we really have got to watch what we say in front of her. An example, Saturday morning Brookelyn-Grace and I were headed to her room to play when I dropped one of her big toys on the hardwood floors. I yelled out Sh**. I know everyone is guilty of that once in a while. Well I felt really bad for saying it in front of her, especially because she looked up at me and said uh oh. So we go on in her room and I hear her talking to herself. I listen and she is saying the S word! I thought I would die! I was so tickled though that I did not get on to her & because I said it. So I really can not get on to her for it. I played it off like it wasn't a big deal and within a minute she forgot all about it. Ha Ha That will teach me to watch what I say now! Ha Ha

Jeremy also taught her, her ABC's. She can say them all the way to E. He works with her on them everyday. He will say A and she will repeat it. She loves it! He also has taught her how to sing. It is so adorable! He will say la, la and she will repeat it and then he will say la, la, la and she will say it just like he did. That just amazes me! Oh and how she loves to dance! It doesn't matter if it's just a commerical on t.v if it has theme music she is moving all around the living room, dancing it up! :)

Another thing that I've noticed about Brookelyn-Grace is that every time Jeremy tells her No, No that she will walk over and hit me. Sometimes she is whining from getting in trouble and other times she is perfectly fine, but she will walk over and slap me. Either on my leg or whatever she can reach! Jeremy and I noticed this and since then we have been saying No, No don't hit me or your mommy as Jeremy would say. It is really funny though! I just do not understand it. Is she hitting me because she is scared of Jeremy and knows she cant? Or is it that she is getting onto me because I let Jeremy get on to her? This is a great question for Dr. Goldsmith! Too bad her next Dr. apt isn't until another month. I guess I'll just be abused until then! Ha Ha

Saturday I was changing Brookelyn-Grace and took her diaper and sat it on the bed as I changed her into a new one. She grabbed the diaper up and I said No, No give that to mommy. She wouldn't give it back to me so I said, Oh were you going to throw it away for mommy? I finish up and let her off the bed. She goes straight from my bedroom to the kitchen. She opens up the garbage can lid and throws her diaper away and walks away. I was in total shock! I mean how many 14 month old do that? It was so adorable! I can tell her to do anything and she does it. Also that same day Jeremy and I were eating breakfast and she was wining wanting me to get her and I said go get your Sponge Bob Ball and mommy will play. She turns around, walks into her room and comes back with the ball smiling ear from ear. Wow! What a smart little girl!!!

Sunday we were all laying in the bed playing around when Brookelyn-Grace and of course she got a little rough. She just loves pinching..ugh! So Jeremy looks at her and says NO, NO! It was in a medium voice and Brookelyn-Grace just slaps him across his face! It was so funny and unexpected that Jeremy and I just look at one another and bust out laughing! It was probably the funniest thing ever! Brookelyn-Grace was even laughing!

Monday...Labor Day was the best! Of course we were all still a little sickly and trying to get over our colds, but we had a blast! I love family gatherings! It's just what we all needed! We had such a good time and got some great pics! ;) Brookelyn-Grace is just getting into the whole coloring thing so I get this idea that we stop and get her sidewalk chalk for moms. It was a great idea! Brookelyn-Grace had a blast! She loved drawing all over Meme & Grandpop's tiki hut!




Now it is Tuesday...Back to work...I had a great lunch though! Jeremy and Brookelyn-Grace picked me up and I went to the Curiosity Shop to get fitted for my dress. WOW! They had to take it down three dress sizes! Jeremy liked it a lot! But when I came out in a dress that I had bought from the beach this past June I thought he would pass out! HA HA! I had to get it altered in length..go figure..Ha Ha! All he could keep saying was, WOW! I thought it was so cute :) It mad me feel great of course! That dress was all he talked about for a while! HA HA! So before I left the women basically told me not to lose another pound or the dress would be too big by the wedding. I really wish I would have waited a little longer to get it altered so I could have dropped another 5 lbs, but oh well :)

No comments: