Today I woke up and realized, Wow tomorrow will be Brookelyn-Grace's birthday! Last year today I was headed to the hospital with contractions. I can remember them admitting me into this small little room, hooking me up and monitoring Brookelyn-Grace. I had pups rash, which is a rash that covers your entire body. It's reddish and pimply, and it ITCHES! My blood pressure was 210/100??? I think.... I was monitored all day. My blood pressure never went down and I was completely swollen from head to toe! At 6 something that night my doctor, Dr. Foster came in and said Brittany you have two options; 1. We can insert a balloon into you and try to get your cervix's to soften and then hook you up on petosin to see if you can have her natural or 2. We can schedule a c-section for first thing in the morning. Of course if you know me I am very indecisive and I asked, "What do you think I should do" ha ha. He said well I'm worried about your blood pressure during natural birth. He said I think that when you started pushing you would end up in an emergency c-section. So I said okay, schedule me for a c-section.
I got admitted into the hospital and put in a huge room. My entire family came over and stayed the night with me in the room. I was so scared, but so ready to meet my beautiful little girl. I couldnt have made it through the night without my mom. Her and my sister were my rock during pregnancy! I can remember waking up that morning at 7:00 a.m getting a bath, putting on my make-up and sitting up in the bed when all my doctor's rolled in. They talked and talked to me about what could happen and what was going to happen, but of course I don't remember a word they said now because I was just so ready to meet my Brookelyn-Grace. I can remember then disconnecting everything and rolling me out of the room with Keith by my side and my mother holding my hand with tears in her eyes telling me that she loved me. I was so excited I could hardly stand it.
They told Keith that he had to wait outside while they prepped me. I went into the room and had to get on this cold, scary table. Then they started to give me my spinal block. It took them about 35 minutes to do it because they told me that I was so short that it was hard to find the certain spot in my back. He would keep asking me, "Do you feel anything" & I would say yes sharp pains in my feminine parts. He would get so tickled at me. Then he asked, "How tall are you" I said 4'11 and he said that is so weird because I worked on another girl today that was your exact same height and she said the same thing. He said, "It must be a 4'11 thing" ha ha I laughed so hard. Okay so after that was done they got Keith to come in. I was so scared and all I could keep thinking was okay, I'm about to get to meet my little girl for the first time. I was so anxious that my doctor would keep saying okay Brittany calm down and breath! Your making your blood pressure rise. So they ended up having to give me blood pressure medicine because it kept rising so much!
Then my doctor said, "Your going to feel some pressure," I didn't feel anything! I could feel my body moving on the table, but that was it! He said, "Document it 8:46" Then I BECAME THE HAPPIEST, LUCKIEST, EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD PERSON/MOTHER! I was waiting to hear Brookelyn-Grace's cry while they sucked her out, but it seemed like it took them forever, which was probably only seconds. I said OMG is she okay!?!?! & then I heard her cry! I'll never forget that sweet, innocent, beautiful cry! I am crying now! It was seriously the happiest day of my life!!!!!! There is absolutely nothing that could top that, NOTHING! I can remember them wrapping her up and putting her on my chest. I thought "WOW, SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!"
I just can't believe tomorrow is her 1ST BIRTHDAY! Where has the time gone? I don't remember her growing up this fast! I wish that I could take her back to around to 3 months when I could hold her all day long! She would just sit there and lay in my arms all day. Now of course she is a wiggle worm and on the go. She only wants to snuggle at bed time and early in the morning. Other then that she is GONE! ha ha. I love Brookelyn-Grace so much! I don't know what I did before her. I have never loved, been happy or been complete until she came into my life! She is my everything!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment