I have been so busy! I am finally done with my may mester classes so I can now blog! There is so much to say. Well here goes! Brookelyn-Grace is everywhere and into everything! She is almost eleven months now and weighs 23 lbs! She is such a big little girl! We went to the Dr Monday and Dr. Goldsmith told me that she ranges in the 90th percentile for her height and 95 percentile for her weight! Wow..That means that she would be bigger than 90 & 95 babies out of 100! ha ha. She most definitely does not get that from me! She's going to be way taller than me, but who isn't? ha ha She is trying to smell things! I can say mmm smell this, and she will stick it to her nose and make noises with her mouth...(trying to make the sniffing sound) ha ha..She also sticks the phone to her ear and acts like she's talking. It's so funny! Also I read her probally 5-6 books a day and while I am reading to her I will skim the words as I say them. So now after I read to her she will take the book and put her middle finger on each word and babble..It is so funny! She is so smart! Another thing..one day she was playing with a ball and it rolled under the dresser. She looked up and me and then bent down and looked under it. I guess she got this from always watching me haft to dig her toys out from under things haha. It amazed me that she did this. Then she tried to stick her hand under it and get it, but it was too far back..I thought WOW! She can also say Mama, Dada, dog, bird, duck, no, no, yeah, and yahh. She is also pulling up on everything! She took her first step yesterday, but then quite. I think it scared her a little! But she has to always be sitting on her knees or pulling up! You can also say, "Where's Brookelyn-Grace"? & she will put her hands over her eyes and wait like 10 seconds and then throw them up in the air and get so tickled! ha ha Then of course she claps for herself! ha haA little FYI...when we were at the Dr yesterday I asked Dr. Goldsmith when she should be saying more? She then started to ask me what all she is doing and saying. So I told her and then she asked me to get Brookelyn-Grace to show her how she skims her finger through the words, how she smells stuff, get her to say her words, and how she plays pick-a-boo. So Brookelyn-Grace does everything like I had told her and even says all the words. This only took a total of about 5 minutes. Then Dr. Goldsmith turns to me and says WOW! She is way more advanced then most children her age! I said REALLY? I was in shock! I mean of course I think she is the smartest baby in the world duh! But I was not expecting that! I thought that all babies at her age did that stuff. She told me that most babies don't say as many clear words as she does until they are 1 1/2, and that she uses her hands in very manipulating ways. I thought OMG WOW!!! So I am so proud! She is such an amazing baby!

1 comment:
It's actually a really good thing that you are "skimming" the words as you read to her. Coming from a elementary education stand point, it's called "modeling." We were taught to teach students to read by modeling. And when we assess our students, we watch to see if the students follow their words with their finger. I know that's not exactly what she is doing at this point, but it will help her when she learns to read.
Post a Comment