Monday, July 5, 2010

...we all bleed...

"When someone in our family gets cut, we all bleed"....


So my Paw Paw Sims has been diagnosed with Stage 3a lung cancer, and my family is mentally and physically breaking down. My Paw Paw had open heart surgery about 4-5 years ago, and he got through it all, so I am just praying to God he can make it through this too! If you know my Paw Paw Sims, then you know that he is one of the strongest men ever! He does more than most men in their 20's, 30's & 40's! He is such a good man, and it absolutely breaks my heart into to know that he is having to go through this. My family is hurting so bad right now! I know Paw Paw hates seeing everyone so upset, but I'm telling you the quote above is so true! Why is that the GOOD have to go through things like cancer??? At times I find myself so mad, and then I have to remind myself that it is no one's fault. It is just really hard to understand it all! I love him so much, and him and my granny are the backbone to our family!!! Every time I hug him I just wish and pray I could take that cancer away from him. He starts radiation soon, and then comes the chemo...I just hope that he stays strong and tries to fight this! This family needs him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone please say a prayer for my Paw Paw Sims and my family. Please pray that he makes it through this stupid thing called cancer, and that my granny and the rest of my family stays strong through this whole ordeal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so true...when someone in my family is hurting, we all hurt. I hope he does well with the treatments girly!

Brittany said...

thank you!!! just keep praying ;)